Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
September 29th, 2009
#71
JEM, I moved your post to the Super Saiyan thread as it had nothing to do with master classes.

I thought the picture below would have been good enough to calm any disbelievers. Why would they create the models, show them off saying that they're obtainable forms in the game, and then ultimately not use them?

Click to view Picture

No one is saying that they're Saiyans, we know they're not Saiyans (full blooded ones anyway); they're Humans. Humans that just so happen to be able to be able to take on a form that looks remarkably similar to a Super Saiyan.

Last edited on September 29th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.
September 29th, 2009
#72
Maybe Eternal Dragon can make Humans Half Sayians. it kind of makes sense.

when the elder namek awakened Krillin's hidden power, he didn't go super sayian, and his power level was greater than most human adults.

it takes sayian genes to become super sayian, so I think that's why we need the Dragonballs to make it possible.
September 29th, 2009
#73
Maybe Eternal Dragon can make Humans Half Sayians. it kind of makes sense.

when the elder namek awakened Krillin's hidden power, he didn't go super sayian, and his power level was greater than most human adults.

it takes sayian genes to become super sayian, so I think that's why we need the Dragonballs to make it possible.

As I have said, and many others have said, you can't change your genetics with the dragonballs. I think the most cited reason why is when they were unable to make 18 full human.
September 29th, 2009
#74
when the elder namek awakened Krillin's hidden power, he didn't go super sayian, and his power level was greater than most human adults.

Why would he? He's not any part Saiyan. That is why I'm saying that the Humans we play as were already born with some Saiyan already in them. If they're already part Saiyan their hidden power that would need to be unlocked (and can't already unlock themselves) would be the power to go Super Saiyan.
September 29th, 2009
#75
I still think humans should have the mystic power up or majin. would have been less of a stretch imo.

-DMP-
September 30th, 2009
#76
I still think humans should have the mystic power up or majin. would have been less of a stretch imo.

-DMP-


no way, nothing looks cooler than Super Sayians. I'll take the Super Sayian power up look, thank you. :D

And there is nothing that states that Eternal Dragon can't at least partially change one's genetics. the 18 excuse was only because Krillin wanted to turn a part machine person/cyborg (even though the english version calls them android) into a complete human again. Also 18 was already part human so that's also another reason why Krillin's request wasn't granted. He wasn't specific, he requested for 18 to become human, but 18 was technically already part human.

But that has nothing to do with changing species or changing genetics.

overall I would accept humans using the dragonballs to obtain sayian genes,
instead of humans can unlock some super power that mirrors the appearance of Super Sayians, that would only prove that the first Sayians in the universe were possibly humans before they moved to another planet and evolved. And the humans left behind ended up losing their advanced civilization due to wars, and in time they forgot about the technology and space travel for generations.

Last edited on September 30th, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
September 30th, 2009
#77
And there is nothing that states that Eternal Dragon can't at least partially change one's genetics. the 18 excuse was only because Krillin wanted to turn a part machine person/cyborg (even though the english version calls them android) into a complete human again.

I still see them as the same thing. To do both he must create something that isn't there and interchange it with something that is.

Also 18 was already part human so that's also another reason why Krillin's request wasn't granted. He wasn't specific, he requested for 18 to become human, but 18 was technically already part human.

Shenron isn't one of those "be careful what you wish for" genies.

that would only prove that the first Sayians in the universe were possibly humans before they moved to another planet and evolved. And the humans left behind ended up losing their advanced civilization due to wars, and in time they forgot about the technology and space travel for generations.

Or it would prove that Saiyans once lived on earth and bred with Humans (which we know they did). Also, as I've said before, it's entirely possible that Saiyan blood could be present in the large # of Humans we see in this game even though it's only ~200 years after the end of DBZ.
September 30th, 2009
#78
but then why would they need dragonballs to become super sayian? :) well then again it doesn't matter the science behind it, it's just cool Humans can become super sayians later. It will be so cool like we are just normal and stuff, and when we are about to fight something serious, we go super! :) But if it's something easy, no need to transform for that battle. :p
September 30th, 2009
#79
I'm with Citrinate. I think our humans have saiyan genes (even knowing they are made in Kame House 2 years before Majin Buu. Maybe our chars come from the future but they are made 2 years befor Majin Buu because the abuse of temporal travels damaged the dimensions or something like that.
Maybe they can't transform themselves because they don't know how, and Shenron reveals it to them.
September 30th, 2009
#80
but then why would they need dragonballs to become super sayian? :)

As I've suggested before:

I'm still going under the assumption that the Humans we play as have some small amount of Saiyan blood in them. It might not be enough for them to go Super Saiyan on their own though which is why we need to make a wish to unlock the transformation. This could also explain the other races transformations being obtained through wishes. Both the Majin and Namekian transformations have only shown to be used by evil members of their race (I think evil Piccolo goes giant form, I haven't watched all of Dragonball yet). The Majins and Nameks you play as aren't evil so they might not be able to take those forms on their own aswell.


Last edited on September 30th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.