Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
February 28th, 2010
#21
I agree with Nero..
But just to let you all know.
it is really not important to spell a word 100% correct to be able to read it..
Aslong as the words first and last letter are right..

Let me see if I can demostrate.

Cohocolate - infrioer - oragne... And that is just some..

If you can tell me what 3 words I wrote, then you can read it.
February 28th, 2010
#22
The only grammar errors that really piss me off are the ones where people say "your" instead of "you're." Or "there" instead of "they're" or "their."

Example #1 : Your an idiot.
Correct way : You're an idiot.

Example #2 : Your welcome.
Correct way : You're welcome.

Example #3 : There hair is long.
Correct way : Their hair is long.

Example #4 : There a terrible company.
Correct way : They're a terrible company.



There are a ton of examples like the aforementioned words, but those are the most common ones you see. They're the only real major grammar error that I see people use 99% of the time on the internet. It's like no one has ever gone to school. You learn the differences in them in GRADE SCHOOL. Hell... My Japanese friends who barely speak any English at all know the differences between the words, yet the people who have grown up learning English as their NATIVE language can't tell them apart.

tl;dr : People are ignorant of grammar. They're going to continue to ignore it simply because they have a servere lack of education.
February 28th, 2010
#23
We know the differences but its the internet where not typing up a report and handing it in..... maybe you should think before you insult.
February 28th, 2010
#24
The only grammar errors that really piss me off are the ones where people say "your" instead of "you're." Or "there" instead of "they're" or "their."

Example #1 : Your an idiot.
Correct way : You're an idiot.

Example #2 : Your welcome.
Correct way : You're welcome.

Example #3 : There hair is long.
Correct way : Their hair is long.

Example #4 : There a terrible company.
Correct way : They're a terrible company.



There are a ton of examples like the aforementioned words, but those are the most common ones you see. They're the only real major grammar error that I see people use 99% of the time on the internet. It's like no one has ever gone to school. You learn the differences in them in GRADE SCHOOL. Hell... My Japanese friends who barely speak any English at all know the differences between the words, yet the people who have grown up learning English as their NATIVE language can't tell them apart.

tl;dr : People are ignorant of grammar. They're going to continue to ignore it simply because they have a servere lack of education.

Correct way : You're an idiot
My way : You are an idiot.

Correct way : You're welcome.
My way : You are welcome.

And I dont think that I need to go on here..

with the last thing you wrote you sound as if people write to the best of there cabability when writing on the internet..
Well newsflash for you. THEY DON'T! well most don't anyway..

I am one of them.. I only write to the best of my cabability's if I need to write an essay or report.
so before you bash / flame or anything then stop and think before you write
so you dont seem as such a big douche.
February 28th, 2010
#25
That bored the **** out of me.
Half the people that read this post won't understand what you just said.
I don't know what you were trying to gain/prove by that. Simple English is fine.

I was simply explaining how communication through a written medium should not be limited by arbitrary rules. What matters is the message communicated, that is all.

However I felt that I needed to provide justifications throughout as any argument should be. Thus I provided a series of points. I apologize if what I wrote wasn't entertaining however that was not the case. I also believe that upon a second read through, you should be able to understand what was written...

Last edited on February 28th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
March 1st, 2010
#26
Correct way : You're an idiot
My way : You are an idiot.

Correct way : You're welcome.
My way : You are welcome.

And I dont think that I need to go on here..

with the last thing you wrote you sound as if people write to the best of there cabability when writing on the internet..
Well newsflash for you. THEY DON'T! well most don't anyway..

I am one of them.. I only write to the best of my cabability's if I need to write an essay or report.
so before you bash / flame or anything then stop and think before you write
so you dont seem as such a big douche.

I don't see why you people are getting so offensive. For one, "your way" isn't incorrect. That's just "you're" broken up into their non-compounded phrase. Like I said, I don't expect everyone to type at the BEST of their ability, but those words, which you learn in GRADE SCHOOL, should be first nature. Having to read a sentence like, "your **** out of luck if you don't know Japanese when your playing a Japanese game. There strict with English speakers. You will get your ass handed to them by there xenophobia," literally hurts the human brain, if you have even the slightest clue of what the real words are. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this to be honest. If you don't know the differences between the aforementioned words, you do not know how to speak the English language very well at all and you should go back to grade school.
March 1st, 2010
#27
I don't see why you people are getting so offensive. For one, "your way" isn't incorrect. That's just "you're" broken up into their non-compounded phrase. Like I said, I don't expect everyone to type at the BEST of their ability, but those words, which you learn in GRADE SCHOOL, should be first nature. Having to read a sentence like, "your **** out of luck if you don't know Japanese when your playing a Japanese game. There strict with English speakers. You will get your ass handed to them by there xenophobia," literally hurts the human brain, if you have even the slightest clue of what the real words are. I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying this to be honest. If you don't know the differences between the aforementioned words, you do not know how to speak the English language very well at all and you should go back to grade school.

You want to much out of people..
besides.. English is my second language
so I dont really care..
March 1st, 2010
#28
I think this forum should be closed theres no point in making a fuss over this and its not very welcoming to new members.
March 1st, 2010
#29
i agree, dont want to start any conflict now do we?

how about if somebody is genuinely incomprehensible it gets dealt with on a case by case basis since that rarely happens.

/closed