Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
June 19th, 2012
#1
Today at Milk Studios in Los Angeles, Microsoft unveiled their first ever tablet, the Microsoft Surface Tablet.



After first sending out cryptic invitations, predictions flooded from media and consumers alike – some favored Windows Phone 8, while other rumors included a potential Xbox Surface (with some questionably too-awesome specs), but the tablet was the most likely, and also what Microsoft unveiled.

Because Surface is a full-on PC, it will run true PC games. Eric Neustadter, from Xbox Live Operations, tweeted colloquially that it could run Civ IV and V, unlike the iPad, and that it will be "the greatest Civilization-playing device known to mankind."

There was no mention of Xbox-integration or even Smart Glass for that matter (though the latter will definitely be included). Unfortunately, this means the wild Microsoft "Leak" posted earlier today was likely uber-fake.

Microsoft has stated the tablet-PC hybrids will be priced competitively, but no mention of price or release date was mentioned.



Credits to IGN's Nic Vargus


If this tablet can play Civ 4 and 5, then it can play dbo too? D:!!!
What's your opinion on this tablet?
You think it's better then an IPad?
Will you buy one?
/discuss
June 19th, 2012
#2
Finally a hand held supporting IMA GO OUT AND BUY ONE
June 19th, 2012
#3
I bet its gonna be expensive and not worth it...
June 19th, 2012
#4
I might buy it....after I see someone drop one in the stores. An apartment room full of college guys is no place to keep anything expensive and fragile
June 19th, 2012
#5
I think I'll wait untill I see what it can really do. Being able to play Civ 5 on a tablet is pretty amazing tho.