Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 23rd, 2009
#11
While that's an ok idea, that kind of mechanic would be a bit too complicated.

And I was mostly talking about the Weather effects. :P
There are a few games where the weather effects are optional. You can just turn them off in the options menu.

The weather should definitely be optional so the people with slower computers or slower internet don't have to lag as much but Day/night time cycles should not be optional since they affect a lot of concepts in the game . For example the Oozaru transformation at the full moon...
(yes I know Oozaru is not available as a transformation, I'm talking about the time quests like the one where you have to fight Ape Gohan and stuff.)
October 24th, 2009
#12
:cool: I reckon day/night and weather would be pretty cool in DBO (while not being in time quests), it'll totally add a bit of funness and realism to the game.

Last edited on October 24th, 2009 at 05:32 AM.
October 24th, 2009
#13
Weather is a simple thing to add to a game. Each area would have a weather timer when it rains and what not. What I would like to see is seasons for each area and how they are in the real world.

For example New York there are 4 distinct seasons with a hot summer, cool fall, cold snowy winter and a warm spring. Make that like a bigger city in the north.
While in Florida the summers are hotter and the winters aren't as cold. Something like that would bring a huge immersion into the game.
October 24th, 2009
#14
Weather is a simple thing to add to a game. Each area would have a weather timer when it rains and what not. What I would like to see is seasons for each area and how they are in the real world.

For example New York there are 4 distinct seasons with a hot summer, cool fall, cold snowy winter and a warm spring. Make that like a bigger city in the north.
While in Florida the summers are hotter and the winters aren't as cold. Something like that would bring a huge immersion into the game.

Yes, and as I said before, wearing special clothes for special areas like Snowy ones, or really hot, would be even better.