Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 15th, 2012
#31
For something like this to "relieve tension" you need a community mature enough to use it. If this community were that mature we wouldn't need something to "relieve tension" in the first place.

Funny thing about flames is they like to spread, and even outside such a section there will be PLENTY of fuel.
October 15th, 2012
#32
For something like this to "relieve tension" you need a community mature enough to use it. If this community were that mature we wouldn't need something to "relieve tension" in the first place.

Funny thing about flames is they like to spread, and even outside such a section there will be PLENTY of fuel.

I disagree. I find Children easier to control and manipulate.

Also a no questions asked 2 week ban to any further flame will discourage all misbehavior Outside the fight club.
October 15th, 2012
#33
everyone is overeacting its not somewhere u go purposly to start a fight, it shud just be somewhere that childish arguments happen without every1 else knowing about it, as soon as it comes out of the forum ban them , when someone wants to post about scramble fights or whatever else they post there instead of normal forum. the arguments are going to keep happening ,may as well give them somewhere to do it so the rest of dbocom doesnt have to see it
October 15th, 2012
#34
I disagree. I find Children easier to control and manipulate.

Also a no questions asked 2 week ban to any further flame will discourage all misbehavior Outside the fight club.

Real life has already proven deterrents don't work.

This is a horrible idea. If you think you've got it bad now with people reporting the opposing guild's posts wait for a section like this to be added making them despise each other even more.
October 15th, 2012
#35
Real life has already proven deterrents don't work.

This is a horrible idea. If you think you've got it bad now with people reporting the opposing guild's posts wait for a section like this to be added making them despise each other even more.



That goes on for pages. Not one of those reports is useful. It's all these guild haters.

The hate wont get worse cause it cannot get worse. It is at its peak. There is no worse.

I see 3 options
  1. We open this section which is completely optional
  2. We permanently ban all members who ever made an email like this. (keep in mind we would lose more then half our regular viewers)
  3. I hang up my mod hammer and leave. I'm done with this bull.

So please Give me an example of how it can get any worse Toru... It cannot hurt to try something.
October 15th, 2012
#36
You could always restrict post reporting (Well, Citrinate could). vBulletin has a lot of customizing options, so I'm pretty sure something like that is possible. I haven't messed with it in a while, so I can't remember if it is.

You could dump anyone who reports players unnecessarily into a dummy usergroup that removes their ability to report posts, or limits their allowed number of reported posts to 1 a day or something.
October 15th, 2012
#37
You could always restrict post reporting (Well, Citrinate could). vBulletin has a lot of customizing options, so I'm pretty sure something like that is possible. I haven't messed with it in a while, so I can't remember if it is.

You could dump anyone who reports players unnecessarily into a dummy usergroup that removes their ability to report posts, or limits their allowed number of reported posts to 1 a day or something.

That only fixes the spam in my imbox. But not the 20 post I need to delete from 1 thread because someone wins a dojo or a budokai title.
October 15th, 2012
#38
I think you missed the point. If people are going to argue about any point in a thread not in that section, they're not going to run over to that section to post in it to start an argument, because the other person will likely not go there. That being, the person will post outside of that section, arguing over a moot point, creating issues that the moderation staff will have to resolve. It's not like all arguing, name calling and everything will disappear once a thread validating all of that appears. It just further empowers those who do it.

in that case mods can just move the thread and let it explode on that pvp section, making everyone safe from what worse could have happen, instead of let it on an open section were people would just start arguing about deleted posts, asking mods to ban someone, complaining that mods are biased, just the same thing over and over, instead of let it out of control running everywhere on this forum why not make it something separated and fixed ? Seriously is not from today that I see mods not being able to handle this, as I just read on another thread some mods saying they are not omniscience so lets face it, people already flame each other even if they don't play the game, even if they are not in the same server, even if they never talked with each other, oh god even without any reason and maybe just forfun

So if you guys make a PVP/GVG section I think it will take a big and heavy anvil from the mods backs, they can't handle it, yea the main flaming area is all about guilds and pvp, but it's not the only, it is just that people over look at it and forget about every other minor infractions making it less important, but yet there people down talking each other, bashing, insulting, cursing and they are not in those guilds but mods just don't have time to give the right attention to it, I really think that section could make things easier for mods and eventually make this forum more fair, cleaner and organized, it's just like let the bad guys be bad but in the right section, let they mind their own business instead of censoring it when you have no idea what is really happening between them but just trying to avoid the reallity, it's not going anywhere, it's just like keep running in circles, so I think something must be done, or the complaints, charges, bad talking and such things will keep happening over and over, and maybe even worse...

Last edited on October 15th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
October 15th, 2012
#39
That only fixes the spam in my imbox. But not the 20 post I need to delete from 1 thread because someone wins a dojo or a budokai title.

Well, that's not something a ****-throwing contest section of the forum would solve, either, so long as achievement threads are posted everywhere else. It sounds like these users need to be reprimanded. You said that children are more easily manipulable. Manipulate!
October 15th, 2012
#40
Hate can always get worse. Don't know how they can make it worse but they'll find a way.

And you have a point, it can't hurt to try something. I guess the thing to do here is add the section, give things a week, if things don't improve remove the section before **** gets worse and start banning.