Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 24th, 2009
#21
Maybe someone fell asleep while traveling on Snake Way and fell off.

Nah, that'd be crazy.
October 24th, 2009
#22
Maybe someone fell asleep while traveling on Snake Way and fell off.

Nah, that'd be crazy.

that is highly unlikely , because that moment in when goku fell off of the snake road was a filler saga of the dragon ball anime and doesnt appears in the manga , and because this game is 100% toriyama its unlikely that they will put this XD
October 24th, 2009
#23
I don't see why Toriyama would have a problem adding something like that into the game, if it helped the game in some way.
October 24th, 2009
#24
I don't see why Toriyama would have a problem adding something like that into the game, if it helped the game in some way.

yeah but the thing is that this wasn´t in the original story so its unlikely , and toriyama hates the things that doesn´t have anything to do whit his story , because if they add things that doesn´t appear in the manga then broly, cooler, etc.. could appear in the game but once again this is highly unlikely
October 24th, 2009
#25
Since this is just the beta I'm sure when you die you just respawn and start over again. In the WoW beta it was the same way. But now when you die in WoW you are in the spirit world and have to find your corpse or talk to a spirit healer. I'm sure something along those lines will be set up in DBO. But, to make it a mini game or quest just to get your body back is a little much. I know that I would get turned off from the game if every time I die (good band by the way) I had to quest for 10 to 15 minutes just to pick up on my original quest.

Actually I based my idea from what happens in WoW. In DBO you go to Otherworld (Spirit World in WoW). Then there is the long way to revive yourself (running back to your corpse) or the instantaneous way but with a temporary stat penalty (Resurrection Sickness in WoW).

Those two ways would be:
1. delivering King Yemma's item to King Kai using Snake Way
2. asking Baba to take you back. but you get a dbo version of resurrection sickness.

it also depends on if they are staying true to the anime or manga (manga i assume since korin is blue) because most of that otherworld story arc was just anime filler.

If the game goes thorugh with my idea then all we need to see is King Yemma's Office, Snake Way and King Kai's Planet. And all of those places were seen in the manga so they are canon.
October 24th, 2009
#26
Didn't King Kai's planet get blown up?
October 25th, 2009
#27
Oh yeah. forgot about that. I dunno then, maybe he is reconstructing it or something. He (or some other Kai) has to appear in the game anyway so he can teach Kaioken.
October 25th, 2009
#28
Oh yeah. forgot about that. I dunno then, maybe he is reconstructing it or something. He (or some other Kai) has to appear in the game anyway so he can teach Kaioken.

well the kio-ken was teached to goku so maybe he can theach it to you in the past , and its a skill that you get via a quest (only a guess)
October 25th, 2009
#29
I've also stated that by age 1000, it could be a fairly common technique.

I mean, hell, all races can learn it.
October 25th, 2009
#30
I guess Kaioken will be very popular early on while people are waiting to be able to use Super Sayian. :)

though Kaioken might still be reserved for adults just like HTB skill.