Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 7th, 2009
#1
I want to show you the game that is in the Closed Beta stage but you can still get the key for it.

These are just some of the features of this game.
I find that game really intresting so maybe someone would like to play later on.

So:

Alganon is an upcoming fantasy-based MMORPG that allows thousands of people to play together in a virtual world that features a rich history dominated by commanding deities, powerful weapons and armor, deadly magic, epic quests, ancient places to discover, the utilization of detailed tradeskills, and more. Designed from scratch and based in a uniquely created world, the initial goal in designing Alganon is to provide "Simple Gameplay with Unlimited Growth in a massive world of immersion and interaction".

Part of achieving this goal is to create a game that is easy for anyone to play, but also to build the game in so that even the most skilled and hardcore gamer has the potential to grow beyond their expectations. A world where the casual and hardcore gamer alike can adventure, grow, and share their accomplishments with other players.

Most important!

Alganon is fun because it doesn't demand all of your game time and allows your characters to grow, even when you're not playing.
Alganon is fun because it has many unique components, placed amongst familiar content.
Alganon is fun because it allow you to confidently adventure in the world.
Alganon is fun because it is developed by people who know what players think of in terms of having fun.



The game is in Beta stage so there is lots of things to come up!


If you are really intrested in this game please visit the official website!
http://www.alganon.com
October 23rd, 2009
#2
I have played a little bit of it, and here's my first impression on it:

To put it bluntly; its a wow clone. I know this gets thrown around a lot, but I am pretty sure this game just took WoW's engine and messed with it until they came up with this game.

I mean, it's not a BAD game, but it doesn't feel like they put effort into designing it. Nothing in the game is new. There seems to be little effort to streamline and update the mechanics to make it their own.

I literally feels like I'm playing a half-assed World of Warcraft. Even the animations are similar. Much of the UI looks just like WoW's, some of it looks just like Ultima's.

And I know it's in the Beta stages, but the game is very sluggish. It takes forever just to sign in and make a character. Abilities also have a slight delay which take away from the experience.

Also, what surprised me the most was that this game is supposed to be P2P, yet lacks in the race and class department. This is a big turn off for me. With F2P MMOs, it's a bit more understandable, because they have smaller budgets, but this is actually going to have a subscription fee, and all they could come up with was two (boring) races, and the basic Tank/DPS/Spell/healing classes?

Like I said, it's not terribad, but the overall feel of the game, and the lack of time to put into race and class set up make it unappealing so far.


That's all I have to say about that.