One of the things I find that a lot of forums these days have is a chat. Often times, people use sites like chatbox to put a separate page for a chat, or even just put it at the bottom of the forum itself. Personally, I like the idea of being able to chat with other people on a site. It's not only fun, but often times just a productive as an actual forum when multiple people are on it at once. Do you think it's a possibility to add some sort of a chat to the site?
Actually, I added a chat to a forum in less than half an hour. It's not a very difficult thing to do at all, provided you have the technical knowledge to do so. Most chat providers are pretty user friendly.
we already had a discussion about this a while back and it was decided that the chat feature would reduce forum activity with people only using that to ask questions and also make things less organized.
Alright then, if that's a good enough reason, I'm cool with that. Though I've personally been to some more niche sites where chats are a little more organized and still keep forum activity at what it usually is, this probably isn't the sort of site that it should be done on.
I could see it working. The forum threads would be used for long thought out convos with richer content like pics and videos, while the chat would be used for simple questions so there would be less double threads. Also we could put dbmmo out of business because with a feature like chat, we could take all of their traffic and get even more hits on this site. This could be a very good thing. Please give it a try.