Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
June 24th, 2013
#1
i am completely new to majins and i wanted a class that was a buffer, most people i see are ultimas tho i thought i would mix it up a bit and go for a grand chef majin, i aim to be using this build for dungeons such as kraken, UD, cc, etc

http://dbocom.com/tools/skill-calcul...0053001133302/

any advice would be greatly appreciate, even on what gear to wear also
June 24th, 2013
#2
I am not a super expert on Mighty Majins but I can say one thing: Ultimate's most of the time stay outside of a UD. When a party arrives somebody usually has a buffer in their guild and they call them over. Then the buffer gives them buffs and then sits outside while the team does speed runs. If you are a part of the team however that is a different story. Since you got a LP absorb buff you could use some LP absorb gear to be a tank.

CC on the other hand, Ultimates are one of the prime members of the team if you are doing a really long run. They are usually there to rebuff but I guess can tank too.

Grand Chefs have really good buffs such as DEX. They can also tank pretty well but I don't really see a Grand Chef go on UD or CC runs. But then again I play on the Korean server so it might be common to see that. I've only seen one Grand that has CC 150 aura in KR. You could probably fill the sole purpose to buff and go along with a party in CC. If you have LP absorb gear and high defense you can easily tank.

Mighty Majins are one of the hardest hit tankers in the game. I've seen the godliest Fighter on Korea do Super High Speed Needle on an Ultimate and it only took out probably a 12th of the LP bar?

I don't really have experience on playing Mighty Majins but I do have experience by playing along side them for many CC and UD runs. I am just stating what I noticed if it helps.
June 24th, 2013
#3
im really stuck in between ultimate and grand chef at the moment, grand chef has good buffs due to its dex and constitution buffs whereas ultima is showing more of a defence and lp% buffs. it seems like ultimas are for survive reason and chefs are more for damage due to its hit rate, dex and spirit fountain fragrance buff.

i know ultimas are used more for the support role because of the higher survival buffs which are handy and is why grand chefs are used less and also from their nerf when the cap came out no one really uses them anymore

as im going as a support/pve and im a perfectionist when it comes to my builds it takes me awhile to get it all together.

this is my chef build: http://dbocom.com/tools/skill-calcul...0053001133302/

and this is my ultima build: http://dbocom.com/tools/skill-calcul...3004331503300/
June 24th, 2013
#4
im really stuck in between ultimate and grand chef at the moment, grand chef has good buffs due to its dex and constitution buffs whereas ultima is showing more of a defence and lp% buffs. it seems like ultimas are for survive reason and chefs are more for damage due to its hit rate, dex and spirit fountain fragrance buff.

i know ultimas are used more for the support role because of the higher survival buffs which are handy and is why grand chefs are used less and also from their nerf when the cap came out no one really uses them anymore

as im going as a support/pve and im a perfectionist when it comes to my builds it takes me awhile to get it all together.

this is my chef build: http://dbocom.com/tools/skill-calcul...0053001133302/

and this is my ultima build: http://dbocom.com/tools/skill-calcul...3004331503300/

If you are going for the support/pve build than I would recommend Ultimate because if somebody dies in a CC run than you can attempt to steal the aggro along with your teammates while the Dende or Poko tries to revive them with their skill. Also if they die they lost their buffs so you can rebuff them. Ultimate is the better Mighty Majin when it comes to team play since it is not only their survival but the group as a whole. I assume that you have a great guild as well so I would advise talking it over with them to see if they would want to go on a CC or UD runs with an Ultima or a Chef in party.

Oh yea about the perfectionist part I am exactly the same why haha! Even if the name I give to the character is unappealing then I kind of lose interest in it let alone the build. XD