Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
December 17th, 2009
#1
Today I got this link from my friend, beta for FF14 will begin soon, and Square Enix began beta testers signup.

Link is here
http://entry.ffxiv.com/

Link to main site:
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Everyone who wants to participate will need to create SE account (link in rules on site) and participants of CB will be chosen for each CB from pool of people that signed for it, but if You will get into first CB, You will keep Your status till end of testing, so every new CB pool of players will grow ;)

Last edited on December 17th, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
December 17th, 2009
#2
Just applied, thanks for the notification :]
December 17th, 2009
#3
I am pysched about this. Found out about it yesterday, have been an avid FFXI player for years now so can't wait to hear back from them.
December 25th, 2009
#4
The Final Fantasy XIV Official Website was recently updated with new info on character creation, storyline and with a new background song. Although I'm not interested in the game, since I'm against the monthly fee and I couldn't handle that graphic, I've to say that the new music is really awesome. Uematsu is always great, but in his latest scores (like Guin Saga), after listening to his music a few times, I couldn't feel the magic and power of some of his themes from old Final Fantasy games, something that I re-found today when I listened to that new FFXIV music.

Too bad the game requires a monthly fee and an absurdly powerful computer, or else I would have tried it; I never really liked the fact that Final Fantasy X-2, that I didn't like and that didn't leave me anything (Played with almost 200 hours of playtime => Forgotten in a month.), was my last Final Fantasy (no offense to the FFX-2 fans, of course).

Oh well, maybe I'll just get the Final Fantasy XIV soundtrack.
December 26th, 2009
#5
Ugh, more final fantasy. I've tried most of them, and never truly enjoyed any except Dissidia.
December 26th, 2009
#6
I doubt my computer will be able to run this game, but I registered anyway.
December 26th, 2009
#7
I doubt my computer will be able to run this game, but I registered anyway.

You might be fine. I can play Aion on my laptop and I have trouble recording stuff. Since it seems you can record, you may be able to play on lower settings easily. Lot of mmos lately have been using better graphics, that consume less resources.

I'm glad you don't have to have a rig that's powered on the blood of virgins in order to play games this current generation. -- Hopefully we'll learn the system requirements soon.
December 27th, 2009
#8
I just signed up for beta now, this game looks pretty damn good tbh. Would be so happy to beta test this! :)
December 27th, 2009
#9
If I would try any mmorpg atm I would try swtor, it looks awesome. I never played any ff so I dont know the story which makes it less attractive.
December 27th, 2009
#10
If I would try any mmorpg atm I would try swtor, it looks awesome. I never played any ff so I dont know the story which makes it less attractive.

Don't worry, every final fantasy game has a different story, but there soo good that each ones story is very personal, especially the first one you play. SWTOR is still in Alpha Testing atm.... so thats not coming out for a good while :p