Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
June 9th, 2012
#11
i have xp, but i have a windows 7 disc, im not going to use it untill i get my new pc. this pc im using now is darn awful 2gb of ram etc (probably wont be able to run win7 lol) i got told of vista and am skipping it, never got it because of all the bad stuff i heard. its such a large file and takes up so much space and is apparently slow. once i have windows 7 i think ill probably keep it like i have xp, till a windows 9 comes out hahaha. or convert to a linux OS, but that wont be for a good few years :)

I heard about all the stuff they are doing for windows 8, no start bar etc, huge revamp. i dont think ill be ready for crazyness yet

I have windows 7 and 2GB of RAM aswell,it works pretty good,i dont plan to use Windows 8 until it will be fully released(not in Beta mode).
June 9th, 2012
#12
I have windows 7 and 2GB of RAM aswell,it works pretty good,i dont plan to use Windows 8 until it will be fully released(not in Beta mode).

If Windows 8 is gonna stay looking like this pathetic Windows 7 Phone User Interface slap-on that looks more oriented for touch screen computer users, then no, I'm not getting it on my computer. If they actually make the UI look better and less touch screen oriented, simple, and easy to use like the Windows 7 UI, then maybe I will get it. But not if they keep it looking like this. I have another Windows Vista PC that my Mom uses, and it seemed to attract a lot more viruses and malware then my Windows 7 laptop. So I also hope that this OS also turns out to not attract viruses like my Mom's Windows Vista PC. Might just Virtualbox the full version of Windows 8 when it comes out so that I can get a quick preview of the full version and see if it's not crappy after beta. I sware, Microsoft seems to be dumbing down the Windows OS for us, and I like to be able to use advanced features whenever needed. I have a friend that knows DOS commands, but apparently, because Windows 7 dumbed down a bit, she can't use the DOS commands anymore on Windows 7. I don't mind Windows 7, but I'm not getting Windows 8 if it still looks like this garbage.