Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 16th, 2012
#51
I don't really think this is a good idea, I mean one of the goals of moderators for this site is to end flaming, not support it.

You can't end flaming
October 16th, 2012
#52
I do not care if this is a good idea or not; however, if it is implemented, I would join for the entertainment value alone.

It would be like old times -- me watching the next episode of DBO drama -- without worrying about being crashed.
October 16th, 2012
#53
I don't want to teach people that this site is a place where they can and should be furthering their wars with each other, especially when there's no way for a forum like the one suggested to naturally contain itself.

The problems that do pop up on the forums only effect a small number of threads, mostly in the screenshots forum, and are often perpetrated by a small and regular group of users. I think implementing an idea like this would be an overreaction, and I have a hard time imagining it solving anything. I also think that banning is still a useful tool, and one that we should probably be using more often than we are.

A ban right now means a much different thing than it did a few months ago. Back then, a banned user wasn't able to view any part of the site. Right now, generally, being banned only means you're unable to post in the public forums. Due to a ban having had such a harsh penalty attached to it, it really wasn't something that was resorted to very often, and even though that penalty has been greatly lessened, the attitude towards using it hasn't changed much.
October 16th, 2012
#54
I don't want to teach people that this site is a place where they can and should be furthering their wars with each other, especially when there's no way for a forum like the one suggested to naturally contain itself.

The problems that do pop up on the forums only effect a small number of threads, mostly in the screenshots forum, and are often perpetrated by a small and regular group of users. I think implementing an idea like this would be an overreaction, and I have a hard time imagining it solving anything. I also think that banning is still a useful tool, and one that we should probably be using more often than we are.

A ban right now means a much different thing than it did a few months ago. Back then, a banned user wasn't able to view any part of the site. Right now, generally, being banned only means you're unable to post in the public forums. Due to a ban having had such a harsh penalty attached to it, it really wasn't something that was resorted to very often, and even though that penalty has been greatly lessened, the attitude towards using it hasn't changed much.

And when they are banned they claim that moderators are biased.......

According to Jax he is sick and tired of constantly the same people reporting posts and are pretty much abusing the report button
October 16th, 2012
#55
And when they are banned they claim that moderators are biased.......

According to Jax he is sick and tired of constantly the same people reporting posts and are pretty much abusing the report button

I dont need a flame section. Just harsher bans and a zero tolerance attitude toward them.

I'm done with 2 day bans. If I ban you its 2 weeks minimum.
October 16th, 2012
#56
I dont need a flame section. Just harsher bans and a zero tolerance attitude toward them.

I'm done with 2 day bans. If I ban you its 2 weeks minimum.

Just don't summon a TNT cannon and I'll be sweet!
October 16th, 2012
#57
I dont need a flame section. Just harsher bans and a zero tolerance attitude toward them.

I'm done with 2 day bans. If I ban you its 2 weeks minimum.

How does the DBOCOM infraction system work? Or is it even in place? I haven't seen anything of the sort here.

I'd suggest something like :

Warn people for first-time offences.

Infract people for continuing to break/push the rules or abuse the report system.

If the person reaches 8 infraction points, they will be temporarily banned from the site for a determined period of time (2 weeks sounds like a nice minimum).

If they reach 16 points, it's a permanent removal from the site.


Of course, with vBulletin, you can decide the amount of time each infraction stays before it expires. It can last days, months, years, or even be permanent. Accumulating up to 8 or 16 points within the held infraction point time period will result in removal.


To me, it sounds better than just up and banning people for doing something wrong with zero tolerance. It gives people the idea that they're doing something wrong and if they continue to do it, it's a bye-bye.


Also, big red flags on the posts that were nailed for infractions to show people what kind of posts are not tolerated here.


In addition, I think an anti-mult policy should be put in place. Anyone caught using an alternate account for bypassing infraction point accumulation or bans will be permanently banned.

Last edited on October 16th, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
October 16th, 2012
#58
You may not have multiple accounts on these forums

That's already a rule.
October 16th, 2012
#59
I dont need a flame section. Just harsher bans and a zero tolerance attitude toward them.

I'm done with 2 day bans. If I ban you its 2 weeks minimum.

I think its a message to me...I got banned 4-5 times...Its the all time record...

Last edited on October 16th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
October 16th, 2012
#60
I think its a message to me...

2 weeks minimum. I'd probably be suggesting 2 months for someone who flames as much as you.

So don't flame.